Dodge Hornet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Yes, in fact I was actually waiting for the Tonale to arrive in Dec. I had actually planned on getting one of them. But, when I saw the Hornet reveal (especially the GLH), HP numbers, color options, the Direct Connection mod list and the starting price I jumped on this right away. Love that they didn't change much on the interior.

Reactions: Hornet Buzz

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Speaking of the zf 9 speed transmission, it's made in South Carolina, and will be shipped to Italy for assembly-

Here's a link that goes into detail on the unit...

And, another link explaining the transfer case, and how the Alfa Q4 AWD system works-

· Registered
117 Posts
Both the trans and Q4 AWD system sound like they are well designed and built.

Reactions: Hornet Buzz

· Registered
117 Posts
Isn't anyone concerned about the quality of vehicles manufactered in Alfa plants? All the car magazines complain about Alfa products. Would be much more excited if it was a true Dodge product.
I'm not worried at all, actually looking forward to getting it. I was actually waiting for the Tonale to come out until I saw the Hornet. I've owned 2 Fiats for the last 8 years and love the quality of both of them, both were very reliable, still have 1 of them and probably will for many years. I have many friends in a local Fiat/Alfa group that have Alfa's and they all love them. Like all cars, I think if it's not beat on and well maintained there won't be any major issues.

· Registered
62 Posts
Isn't anyone concerned about the quality of vehicles manufactered in Alfa plants? All the car magazines complain about Alfa products. Would be much more excited if it was a true Dodge product.
I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind but with everything under the Stellantis umbrella these days I don't think the quality would be much different if it was made in a Dodge plant.

Which Hornet model are you interested in getting?

· Registered
31 Posts
I'm not worried at all, actually looking forward to getting it. I was actually waiting for the Tonale to come out until I saw the Hornet. I've owned 2 Fiats for the last 8 years and love the quality of both of them, both were very reliable, still have 1 of them and probably will for many years. I have many friends in a local Fiat/Alfa group that have Alfa's and they all love them. Like all cars, I think if it's not beat on and well maintained there won't be any major issues.
Jeep Renegades built in Italy also had horrible reliability per consumer reports. I had zero issues with my Fiat, but that was built in Mexico plant. Reliability of a first year Alfa product is my biggest concern, but its hard to beat the value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts