Dodge Hornet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
I'll let you know when I get mine...lol.
I ordered 18 Aug, mine has been in assembly since 11 Nov now. Hope it is finished soon.

· Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to the forum @tactics1018! It's hard to say right now since no one has taken delivery yet and the reviews aren't out. But on paper it seems like it's worth the wait if you like the Hornet. Are you thinking of replacing your Blazer in general? Or just for the Hornet?

· Registered
R/T in Summer 2024
22 Posts
Wait 9 month to downsize to smaller ICE SUV? I can't say you'd be happy.
I'm waiting to do a lateral move from an ICE to a PHEV, same size (Renegade to Hornet), better everything.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might just take advantage of the massive amount of gm lease incentives going on right I not dying for the hornet. I ordered the gas model over the hybrid because I thought maybe I would get it before February. It looks like there’s a slim chance that’s happening. And just based off of everything that’s going on with this car right now I would not be surprised if the hybrid models get pushed to the 2024 model year

· Registered
R/T in Summer 2024
22 Posts
And just based off of everything that’s going on with this car right now I would not be surprised if the hybrid models get pushed to the 2024 model year
Yup. If the PHEV got included soon on incentives, then I'd hang in there awhile.
But with the way Joe's decrees get reversed nowadays, its just more uncertainty. It's like Michael Scott's vasectomy 3 reversals: "Snip-snap, snip-snap, snip-snap."

· Registered
31 Posts
I'll let you know when I get mine...lol.
I ordered 18 Aug, mine has been in assembly since 11 Nov now. Hope it is finished soon.
Mines in assembly since early Oct, don't expect it to hit dealers before February IMO. That was too long for me to wait, so I've bought something else, but check periodically on my order and will make a decision to replace a second vehicle of ours depending on how it drives.

They don't even have press vehicles out in circulation yet, and those typically come before vehicles hit dealer lots.

· Registered
117 Posts
I’ve been reading the recent forum posts if you ordered in august by looks of things you’ll get your car sooner rather than later I’d guess January/February
Yeah, I ordered 18 Aug. Mine left Salerno on 13 Aug heading for Blount Island, Fl. It should be there or close to it. Still don't expect to get to Va. until Jan or Feb though.

· Registered
31 Posts
I’ve been reading the recent forum posts if you ordered in august by looks of things you’ll get your car sooner rather than later I’d guess January/February
Well, we're almost past the "later" since Dodge originally promised that Hornets would already be on dealer lots by now, but not one has arrived. Dodge has really been slacking on communication, especially considering their "in production" clearly isn't accurate, because that's supposed to mean its on the assembly line, and cars don't sit on the assembly line for more than 48hrs.

Reminds me of when Dominos started their 90 seconds or less parking lot pizza delivery or the pizza is free. All the stores just stop the clock as soon as the ringer goes off, the app says pizza was delivered to you, but they won't actually come out with it for 5-10 mins when they are ready lol!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright everyone any updates? Also I'm unsure if ima wait lol cause really there's no reviews no MPG for it which I'm sure it will be 25/30
No updates since being put in the production queue. I also spoke to my salesperson they still don’t have any info on pricing due none of the hornets actually being delivered yet but I was told the residual rates will most likely be so high to the point where the cars won’t be worth leasing. This was disappointing to me because I was not planning to keep this car long time as it is an Alfa Romeo product lol.

· Registered
29 Posts
No updates since being put in the production queue. I also spoke to my salesperson they still don’t have any info on pricing due none of the hornets actually being delivered yet but I was told the residual rates will most likely be so high to the point where the cars won’t be worth leasing. This was disappointing to me because I was not planning to keep this car long time as it is an Alfa Romeo product lol.

i see cause honestly im really considering getting the Mazda CX-5 cause from speaking with a sales rep from dodge there unsure when they will get hornets in also so it makes me ask is it really worth it is it worth the wait
[/QUOTI see E]

· Registered
117 Posts
I got my vin about 6 weeks after it went into production.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts