Dodge Hornet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a current Tesla owner and a previous Chevy Volt owner, I’ve been looking to go back to a PHEV for several months. It’s bad out there. So when Dodge announced this, I was excited because it seems to fit most of my needs. But this launch has been a disaster.

To start with, they announced orders beginning a certain day. I called my local dealer, and they couldn’t place any orders until they took some training class the next day. How did 14,000 people order one? The dealer said they could order a GT (I want an RT), and I was hoping to get a ballpark price for the GT, knowing the PHEV versions are normally around $5,000 more. They asked me what options I wanted for this quote, and I asked them to show me where they were listed. I was directed to a PRESS RELEASE. As of today, 2+ weeks after orders started being taken, there is no mention of the Hornet on the Dodge website except a link to the reveal video and the press release. When the dealer asked what color I wanted, I asked where the colors were shown. He sent me a screenshot of this forum where someone had found them. He then sent me a photo showing they can order one, but there is no price. In today’s markup world, and when models like the Challenger can vary from $30k to $85k, I don’t feel comfortable spending a $1,000 non-refundable order fee when I don’t know the final price.

The dealer said they didn’t know, and their “rep” didn’t know, if the Hornet was going to have a tow capacity. Where did I have to go to get that answer? The Dodge Facebook Messenger account! They sent me a screenshot showing it was 2,000 lbs for the RT, as I would expect it to be. But no-one can actually confirm a tow hitch can be attached (an issue I discovered on another PHEV that claimed to have a tow capacity).

I call another dealer and they can price out a nearly maxed out GT, and they give me an estimate ($37k-$39k, depending). Progress!

Today, I was called and told the RT version could be ordered by the first dealer, and they had already ordered some for themselves. But they couldn’t give me a price still if I wanted to order one. I’m still waiting on them to inform me of what the packages include and their prices. Second dealer says the RT is not available to order.

I’m not a huge car guy, but I’ve never heard of ordering a car with specific packages and colors and not knowing the price. A refundable reservation for a spot in line for something like a Tesla or Ford Lightning? I get that. A $1,000 non-refundable payment to order something specific, with no explanation for what the packages are or cost? This seems like craziness to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered my GT Plus on day 2 with all pricing no problem. Base GT starts at $29,999 the RT is like $39,999. $10,000 more for starting price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered my GT Plus on day 2 with all pricing no problem. Base GT starts at $29,999 the RT is like $39,999. $10,000 more for starting price.
There's two Dodge dealers in my city and neither one can send me a list of what the packages are for either model or pricing for the RT. I'm having to read news articles to try to figure out options. Can you DM me what dealer you used so maybe I can call and get answers from them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
There's two Dodge dealers in my city and neither one can send me a list of what the packages are for either model or pricing for the RT. I'm having to read news articles to try to figure out options. Can you DM me what dealer you used so maybe I can call and get answers from them?
I used Williamsburg CDJR in Williamsburg, Va.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts