Dodge Hornet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
R/T in Summer 2024
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing mixed signals... As I understand it, the PHEV is reported as Belt Starter Generator (BSG) which is typically at P0 (P-zero) position and with other belts. But its also reported as in the P1 position, directly off the flywheel with gears. and called a Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) and has different characteristics.

Now... The Dodge Hornet "Specifications" 4-page release says its P1 but BSG? Seems mixed signals to me.

Anyone have any hard reliable Mopar/Stellantis evidence as to what is the build position and type on the PHEV?

· Registered
R/T in Summer 2024
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @DogsRule welcome to the forum! This is quite a specific question haha. I think I'd go with what Dodge says on the specs sheet they released.

Is this the specific sheet you're referring to?

View attachment 279
Yes. From the research I've been doing since posting, it looks like the BSG is just that on the 1.3L PHEV. Driven by belt off the serpentine system passenger side of engine. P1 by some authors seems to suggest at the rear of the crank directly mounted or ISG. I'm getting caught up in a semantics trap here. Suffice it to say I needed to know if replacing a cog belt under a bellhousing at 100k miles was going to cause bankruptcy. Looks like a front mounted 8-10 rib serpentine belt maintenance will be OK.

· Registered
R/T in Summer 2024
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Little more understanding. Just leaving a paper trail for my brain. So the PHEV has a belt starter/generator (BSG). Dodge designates it as a P1f location. The P1 means its acting on the crank. The f means its acting on the front of the engine, not the rear. It's acting on the crank at the front pully that is on the crank. Its doing with an indirect belt, not a integrated direct gear system (ISG). So the PHEV will have a P1f - front mounted starter/generator via belt to the front crank pully.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts