Dodge Hornet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille

People are excited for the new Hornet! According to Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis they have already received 14,000 pre-orders!

It's been just 24 hours since Dodge unveiled its new compact crossover. The Dodge Hornet promises impressive performance for under $30,000, and apparently, it's garnered some attention. According to Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis, 14,000 preorders have already been placed.

The entry-level model is slated to reach dealerships in late 2022, but in this instance, entry-level is still surprisingly quick. The Hornet GT is where it starts, utilizing a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder making 265 horsepower. That power goes to the front wheels, resulting in a 0-60 mph sprint of 6.5 seconds. As for the starting price, a specific figure hasn't been announced but Dodge says it's the quickest compact crossover under $30,000.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I contacted a local dealer they were not taking any orders. Are those dealer orders?
Hey @thptrek, what Hornet spec are you after?

I strongly believe those 14,000 pre-orders are all or mostly fleet for rental companies and other services after something in this segment. Some of it might also be dealers putting themselves down for stock to have on hand for people to pick from, rather than waiting weeks for an order. You can try getting on a waiting list for those or any other open allocation spots.

All I see on the Dodge site about the Hornet is this form you can fill out to join their email list.
Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia Software

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey @thptrek, what Hornet spec are you after?

I strongly believe those 14,000 pre-orders are all or mostly fleet for rental companies and other services after something in this segment. Some of it might also be dealers putting themselves down for stock to have on hand for people to pick from, rather than waiting weeks for an order. You can try getting on a waiting list for those or any other open allocation spots.

All I see on the Dodge site about the Hornet is this form you can fill out to join their email list.
View attachment 136
Just talked to local dealer and I’m at top of their list. They are waiting on Dodge to tell them their allocations. Looking at R/T

·
Registered
51 Posts
Make that 14,001, just pre-ordered mine this afternoon. Steel Blue GT Plus with the 14 Speaker Harmon Kardon system also with Track Pack & Tech Pack

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I contacted a local dealer they were not taking any orders. Are those dealer orders?
Tried to order mine yesterday but, they didn't have any color codes yet. Was able to get it in today though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats @RexS! Did your dealer get the color codes? Or did they take your pre-order anyways?
Yes, they finally had them yesterday afternoon.i can post a pic of colors with codes when I get home in a little while.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glad that you were able to place your pre-order! Which color are you thinking of getting?
I ordered the Blue Steele, love this color. First to do will be to have it ceramic coated before it leaves the dealership.

Reactions: RumbleBee
1 - 11 of 11 Posts